Everything You Need to Know About a Face Roller
Crystals are fascinating. They're formed over thousands of years under extreme pressure, and they're said to have healing properties. Crystal rollers, which use real crystals, can supposedly relieve stress and increase energy flow. They may sound like woo-woo nonsense, but there's actually some pretty solid science behind them.
Clear Quartz is the most powerful healing and energy amplifier on the planet. It absorbs, stores, releases and regulates energy and is useful for blocking negative energy. Clear quartz - the master healer is known to clarify, restore and strengthen the balance of the face and neck
- Helps with blood circulation
- Helps with muscle recovery
- Helps with muscle soreness
- Helps with pain relief
- Helps with relaxation
- Helps with stress relief
- Helps with anxiety relief
In addition to helping your body, crystal rollers also help you feel better mentally. This can be a very positive thing as we all know that our mental health is just as important as our physical health. The benefits of using a crystal facial roller are many - improved skin tone and elasticity, reduction of puffiness and wrinkles, promotes lymphatic drainage, toxin elimination, tightening pores & natural collagen boost.
Massaging the face with the wand can revitalise complexion by increasing blood circulation. This allows the skin to release toxins and calms inflammation giving you a brighter and healthier skin.
Think of it as taking your skin to the gym.
How to use a facial roller
Follow these steps while using a facial roller
- Use a face oil, serum or moisturizer so that the roller can easily glide over your face. Not using enough lubrication can cause the roller to tug on your skin, eventually leading to wrinkles.
- Start at the base of your neck in the centre upwards to your jawline. Always roll in a single direction. Think of it as sweeping the dirt in one corner of your house. That corner is the lymphatic drainage of your face.
- Roll from behind your ears straight down.
- For your face roll outwards - from the centre of your chin outwards to the ear and from your temple to the top of your forehead.
If you do not have a roller, you may also perform these exercises using your hands.
Spotting a fake
If you're lucky enough to have a crystal roller in your possession, we think that's great! You'll want to make sure that it's the real deal and not some knock-off from China. This is how you can tell:
- Look at the crystal. If you see any bubbles or imperfections on its surface, chances are high that it's fake.
- Feel the crystal: Genuine rollers will come feel cool to the touch. If the stone feels like plastic or warm-ish there's a good chance it's fake.
- Look at the price. The cost of these products can range dramatically depending on where you purchase them from, but generally speaking they shouldn't be more than $50—and if yours costs much less than this, then chances are high that it may not be genuine either! $9 rollers are not real!!
- Read reviews online before buying anything just because someone told you about their awesome experience using one—if many people say they hate using theirs because they've had bad experiences with them breaking easily or coming off while being used regularly then chances are high there is something wrong with those particular rollers which means they might not last long enough for any warranty claims etcetera.
- Clean your crystal roller with warm water and soap.
- The best way to clean a quartz crystal is by running it under warm water, then washing it with soap. Don’t put it in the dishwasher or boil it on the stove top because these will damage its structure, causing cracks or breaking off pieces of the stone.
- Store your quartz rollers away from direct sunlight or heat sources such as radiators and heating vents that can cause them to crack over time (not like they need more cracks!). And keep them out of reach of children—they may be inclined to play with them if they find one lying around!
- For a more spiritual clean, clean the roller with salt or saltwater, To recharge the energy, leave the crystal in the moonlight for the night. If you wish you may pop it in the freezer for a few minutes before using it to reduce puffiness and soothe your skin in the morning or from any irritation.
Crystal rollers are a great addition to your daily routine. It could be soothing to massage your face with a facial roller, and it could be good for your skin.
Increase blood flow and lower stress by gently rolling or massaging the sensitive skin of your face, neck, and collarbone.
There are many different kinds of face rollers available, and they are all useful. Just be careful to keep your roller clean and be aware of fake stone signs.